There is usually nothing unsafe about having sex before IVF treatment. Our experts are dedicated to answering questions throughout the entire surrogacy process. Many women report that sex before IVF treatment is uncomfortable because their ovaries are enlarged due to fertility medications.
Sex Before IVF TreatmentFrom the point a perfect surrogate match is made – to the birth of a healthy baby – you will have many questions during the surrogacy process. This is why you need a leading surrogacy agency guiding you through the entire process. The most common question is: Can I have sex during my IVF cycle? After consulting your fertility doctor, our experts will typically advise: Listen to your body.
Sex Pre-Transfer of EmbryoSex during the stimulation phase of an IVF cycle is permissible as long as the couple is using a form of barrier contraceptive – such as a condom. To avoid the possibility of a pregnancy, protected sex is urged in the event of unexpected ovulation. Some IVF patients may produce too many follicles causing ovarian hyperstimulation. In these cases, patients are advised to avoid sex because the ovaries are very enlarged and cystic. Intercourse could lead to the rupture of a cyst on the enlarged ovaries or a twisting of the ovary on its blood supply. Although extremely rare, these types of complications should be proactively avoided.
Sex Post-Embryo TransferIntercourse is discouraged following an embryo transfer during an IVF cycle. Pelvic Rest is recommended for 5 to 7 days after embryo transfer. This is to ensure that a pregnancy test can reliably be administered. Pelvic Rest gives the embryo optimal time to implant into the uterine wall. Most patients can then resume normal sexual activity a week or two after the embryo transfer.
Candidates for Surrogacy
- Women having had a hysterectomy
- Men having had a vasectomy
- Couples having a history of multiple failed IVF procedures
- Couples experiencing recurrent miscarriage
- Couples with good quality eggs and sperm, but having the inability to carry a pregnancy to full term
- Same Sex Couples
IVF and SurrogacySurrogacy may be achieved through IVF using a variety of protocols:
- Intended mother’s eggs
- Donor eggs
- Intended father’s sperm
- Donor sperm
IVF and Surrogacy Working in TandemAfter the perfect match between intended parents and their surrogate has been finalized, the next step is to begin the IVF process with a fertility specialist.
- The menstrual cycles of the intended mother and surrogate mother are synchronized through medications suppressing their natural hormone production
- Replacement hormones are administered to mimic the stages of a normal cycle in a controlled manner using estrogen and progesterone
- The intended mother then undergoes a series of fertility medication to stimulate her egg follicle growth and induce the maturation of several eggs for surgical retrieval
- Through IVF, the intended mother’s eggs are retrieved and fertilized with the intended father’s sperm in vitro (in a lab)
- Once the resulting embryos have developed to a quality stage in a controlled laboratory, a predetermined number are transferred to the gestational mother’s uterus for implantation
- The surrogate mother then carries the pregnancy to full term
- The intended parents are intimately involved with the pregnancy and are present at the birth of the baby to assume parenting responsibilities
- Reviewing the profiles of potential surrogates
- Having a phone conversation with potential surrogates
- Having an in-person meeting with potential surrogates
- Once a match is agreed upon, our surrogacy matching coordinators will assist with all legal working including the execution of contracts
Seamless Surrogacy ProcessAt New Beginnings Surrogacy, our primary goal is to ensure that the entire surrogacy process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Devoted to providing an inviting, reliable, and enjoyable surrogacy experience
- Guidance in every step of the surrogacy process
- Highest surrogate compensation rates
- Best surrogate options for intended parents
- Personal care with your own dedicated surrogacy coordinator
- Legal, medical, and personal counseling during the surrogacy process
- Fast matching services
- Proven track record of happy families
- Devotion to an inviting, reliable and enjoyable gestational surrogacy experience
- Providing gestational surrogacy services above and beyond
- Taking care of you throughout every step of the gestational surrogacy process
- Offering the highest gestational surrogate compensation rates to ensure every intended parents’ best choice
- Offering a personal care dedicated coordinator
- Offering a reference for legal consultation
- Offering a reference for medical consultation
- Providing expedited gestational surrogacy matching services back by a proven success record