How to Navigate Surrogacy in Oregon
October 22, 2019 • admin • Oregon Surrogacy
Oregon is a surrogacy-friendly state for both Intended Parents and Surrogate Mothers. Oregon is considered the GO TO state for surrogacy. That’s not all. Oregon state law makes it possible for you to have your full parental rights and your newborn’s pre-birth certificate with minimal paperwork and court proceedings.
Surrogacy Laws by State MapCheck out our Surrogacy Laws by State Map to see whether or not your surrogate’s state of residence is surrogacy-friendly. Why is this important? Before a perfect match between the Intended Parents and a Surrogate Mother can be made, both parties must have a clear understanding of the laws governing surrogacy in their respective states. Bottom Line: If a contract for surrogacy is not legal in the state of residence of your surrogate, it may not be enforceable in Oregon should a dispute over the terms arise between you and your surrogate.
Best States for SurrogacyThe following listed surrogacy-friendly states allow gestational surrogacy.
- Both Intended Parents may be named on the child’s birth certificate
- A pre-birth certificate order can be obtained from the court
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage status
- Divorce status
- Single status
Semi-Surrogacy Friendly States
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Enforcement of Surrogacy ContractsTo draft and secure an enforceable surrogacy contract, the signed document must clearly set forth the terms and conditions for all parties – before, during and after birth. To protect and preserve your rights as intended parents – and the rights of your future baby – always work through a reputable gestational surrogacy agency.
State Surrogacy LawsNew Beginnings Surrogacy will help you navigate the laws and make sure you are represented by an experienced attorney who can draft and finalize your surrogacy contract. You must be advised about the laws governing surrogacy to ensure that your rights are protected.
Research Your State’s WebsiteThe best states to find a surrogate will differ based on every couple’s exact needs.
- Location of the surrogate
- Location of planned delivery
What we offer:
- Devotion to an inviting, reliable and enjoyable gestational surrogacy experience
- Providing gestational surrogacy services above and beyond the norm
- Taking care of you throughout every step of the gestational surrogacy process
- The highest gestational surrogate compensation rates to ensure you have the best choices for potential surrogates
- A dedicated personal care coordinator
- A stellar reference for legal consultation
- Stellar referrals to medical and psychological specialists
- Direction on how to obtain fertility financing and surrogacy life insurance
- An expedited gestational surrogacy matching services backed by a proven success record
- Intended mother’s eggs
- Donor eggs
- Intended father’s sperm
- Donor sperm