Can I Have Sex Before IVF Egg Retrieval?
October 28, 2019 • admin • Sex Before Egg Retrieval
Sex before an IVF egg retrieval is okay as long as the couple is using contraception – preferably a condom. To avoid the possibility of a pregnancy, protected sex is urged in the event of unexpected ovulation.
Sex Before IVF Egg RetrievalFrom the point a perfect surrogate match is made – to the birth of a healthy baby – you will have many questions during the surrogacy process. This is why you need a leading surrogacy agency guiding you through the entire process. One of the most common question is: Can I have sex before my IVF egg retrieval?
Listen to Your BodyAfter consulting your fertility doctor, our experts will typically advise: Listen to your body. There is usually nothing unsafe about having sex before an IVF egg retrieval. Our experts are dedicated to answering questions throughout the entire surrogacy process. Many women report that sex before IVF egg retrieval is uncomfortable because their ovaries are enlarged due to fertility medications. Some IVF patients may produce too many follicles causing ovarian hyperstimulation. In these cases, patients are advised to avoid sex because the ovaries are very enlarged and cystic. Intercourse could lead to the rupture of a cyst on the enlarged ovaries or a twisting of the ovary on its blood supply. Although extremely rare, these types of complications should be proactively avoided.
Sex Post-Embryo TransferIntercourse is discouraged following an embryo transfer during an IVF cycle. Pelvic Rest is recommended for 5 to 7 days after embryo transfer. This is to ensure that a pregnancy test can reliably be administered. Pelvic Rest gives the embryo optimal time to implant into the uterine wall. Most patients can then resume normal sexual activity a week or two after the embryo transfer.
Candidates for Surrogacy
- Women having had a hysterectomy
- Men having had a vasectomy
- Couples having a history of multiple failed IVF procedures
- Couples experiencing recurrent miscarriage
- Couples with good quality eggs and sperm, but having the inability to carry a pregnancy to full term
- Same Sex Couples
IVF and SurrogacySurrogacy may be achieved through IVF using a variety of protocols:
- Intended mother’s eggs
- Donor eggs
- Intended father’s sperm
- Donor sperm
Seamless Surrogacy ProcessAt New Beginnings Surrogacy, our primary goal is to ensure that the entire surrogacy process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Devoted to providing an inviting, reliable, and enjoyable surrogacy experience
- Guidance in every step of the surrogacy process
- Highest surrogate compensation rates
- Best surrogate options for intended parents
- Personal care with your own dedicated surrogacy coordinator
- Legal, medical, and personal counseling during the surrogacy process
- Fast matching services
- Proven track record of happy families
- Devotion to an inviting, reliable and enjoyable gestational surrogacy experience
- Providing gestational surrogacy services above and beyond
- Taking care of you throughout every step of the gestational surrogacy process
- Offering the highest gestational surrogate compensation rates to ensure every intended parents’ best choice
- Offering a personal care dedicated coordinator
- Offering a reference for legal consultation
- Offering a reference for medical consultation
- Providing expedited gestational surrogacy matching services backed by a proven success record