What are the Best States for Surrogacy?
Surrogacy is an exciting and successful pathway to modern family building. Before a perfect match between the Intended Parents and a Surrogate can be made, both parties must have a clear understanding of whether or not surrogacy is legal in their respective states. If a contract for surrogacy is not legal in the state of residence of either party, it will not be enforced by a court should a dispute over the terms arise between the Intended Parents and the Surrogate.
Best States for Surrogacy
The following listed surrogacy-friendly states allow gestational surrogacy.
- Both Intended Parents may be named on the child’s birth certificate
- A pre-birth certificate order may be obtained from the court
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
The following listed semi-friendly states allow gestational surrogacy, however, laws vary depending on the Intended Parents’ circumstances.
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage status
- Divorce status
- Single status
Semi-Surrogacy Friendly States
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Enforcement of Gestational Surrogacy Contracts
To draft and secure an enforceable surrogacy contract, the signed document must clearly set forth the terms and conditions for all parties – before, during and after birth. To protect and preserve your rights as intended parents – and the rights of your future baby – always work through a reputable gestational surrogacy agency. New Beginnings Surrogacy will help you navigate the laws in your state and make sure you are represented by an experienced attorney who can draft and finalize your surrogacy contract.
Research Your State’s Website
You must always research your state’s official government page for the most up-to-date gestational surrogacy laws. The laws and regulations covering gestational surrogacy change yearly, state-by-state. Only consult with an agency versed in gestational surrogacy laws in your state.
- Where gestational surrogacy contracts are expressly banned and not enforced
- Where gestational surrogacy contracts are permitted and enforced
- Where the legality and enforcement remains unclear under the law
The best states to find a surrogate will differ based on every couple’s exact needs.
- Where the intended parents reside
- Location of the surrogate
- Location of planned delivery
Gestational Surrogacy Law Map
The experts at New Beginnings Surrogacy will help you to confirm all current laws and potential legal issues that could arise during your journey to have a baby in your state. You can also check out our Surrogacy Law Map to see whether or not your state is surrogacy-friendly. Remember – the state in which your potential surrogate resides must also be surrogacy-friendly.
Leading Surrogacy Agency
At New Beginnings Surrogacy, we offer a unique approach to the gestational surrogacy process for intended parents and their surrogate mother.
What we offer:
- Devotion to an inviting, reliable and enjoyable gestational surrogacy experience
- Providing gestational surrogacy services above and beyond
- Taking care of you throughout every step of the gestational surrogacy process
- Offering the highest gestational surrogate compensation rates to ensure every intended parents’ best choice
- Offering a personal care dedicated coordinator
- Offering a reference for legal consultation
- Offering a reference for medical consultation
- Providing expedited gestational surrogacy matching services back by a proven success record
Gestation Surrogacy may be achieved in a variety of IVF protocols.
- Intended mother’s eggs
- Donor eggs
- Intended father’s sperm
- Donor sperm
Leading Surrogacy Agency
New Beginnings Surrogacy’s Team of Surrogacy Experts want to help guide you through the entire surrogacy process. We can help you find the perfect surrogate match. Schedule your consultation by calling 844.873.5836.