Where is Surrogacy Illegal in the United States?
Because surrogacy laws and regulations change frequently, Intended Parents must protect their rights by seeking legal counsel and checking the state’s official government page for the most up-to-date legislation. There may be other avenues for facilitating surrogacy in the states prohibiting surrogacy contracts.
State Surrogacy Law Expertise
If your fertility specialist has recommended gestational surrogacy as the best option for you to have a baby, you must be updated on all laws and regulations. New Beginnings Surrogacy will help you navigate the laws in your state by making sure you are represented by an experienced attorney who can draft and finalize your gestational surrogacy contract pursuant to state law.
Legal Gestational Surrogacy
Today, more and more laws are being introduced to encourage gestational surrogacy.
The legislative trend today is toward legalizing surrogacy where it is illegal – or – providing a statutory framework where the industry operates without legal regulation.
Only consult with an agency versed in gestational surrogacy laws in your state.
- Where gestational surrogacy contracts are expressly banned and not enforced
- Where gestational surrogacy contracts are permitted and enforced
- Where the legality and enforceability remains unclear under the law
The best states to find a surrogate will differ based on every couple’s exact needs.
- Where the intended parents reside
- Location of the surrogate
- Location of planned delivery
New Jersey’s Recent Legalization of Surrogacy
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy recently signed a new law – S482 on May 30, 2018. New Jersey’s couples struggling with infertility can now enter into an enforceable contract with a woman willing to carry their baby to full term.
S482 – Gestational Surrogacy
This legislation will ensure that – in the State of New Jersey – your legal rights as an intended parent are protected throughout the gestational surrogacy process. Through the enactment of S482, New Jersey law has caught up with cutting-edge reproductive medicine by recognizing and enforcing gestational surrogacy contracts.
Gestational Surrogate Mother Requirements in NJ
Under the purview of S482, all women who are considering being gestational surrogate mother must meet the following criteria.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have given birth to at least one child
- Have completed medical and psychological evaluations
- Have retained an independent attorney to finalize a written agreement between the parties
Gestational Surrogate Compensation
A first-time gestational surrogate mother can typically expect to be compensated between $35,000 and $40,000. Her salary is dependent on the recipient parents’ fertility specialist’s recommended IVF protocol.
Intended Parents Requirements
Intended parents must undergo a psychological evaluation. A gestational surrogate’s attorney fees may be paid for by the intended parents. Dependent on the recommended IVF protocol, gestational surrogacy cost ranges between $90,000 and $175,000.
Enforcement of Gestational Surrogate Contracts
The enforcement of gestational surrogacy contracts vary widely from state-to-state. It can’t be emphasized enough. To draft and secure an enforceable gestational surrogacy contract, the signed document must clearly set forth the terms and conditions for all parties – before, during and after birth. Why does this matter? To protect and preserve your rights as intended parents – and the rights of your future baby – you must work through a reputable gestational surrogacy agency.
State Surrogacy Laws
The laws and regulations covering gestational surrogacy change yearly. The best news: New Beginnings Surrogacy will help you navigate the laws in your state to ensure you are represented by an experienced attorney who can draft and finalize your enforceable gestational surrogacy contract.
Gestational Surrogacy Law Experts
The experts at New Beginnings Surrogacy will help you to confirm all current laws and potential legal issues that could arise during your journey to have a baby in your state. Our primary goal is to ensure that the entire surrogacy process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Devoted to providing an inviting, reliable, and enjoyable surrogacy experience
- Guidance in every step of the surrogacy process
- Highest surrogate compensation rates
- Best surrogate options for intended parents
- Personal care with your own dedicated surrogacy coordinator
- Legal, medical, and personal counseling during the surrogacy process
- Fast matching services
- Proven track record of happy families
- Devotion to an inviting, reliable and enjoyable gestational surrogacy experience
- Providing gestational surrogacy services above and beyond
- Taking care of you throughout every step of the gestational surrogacy process
- Offering the highest gestational surrogate compensation rates to ensure every intended parents’ best choice
- Offering a personal care dedicated coordinator
- Offering a reference for legal consultation
- Offering a reference for medical consultation
- Providing expedited gestational surrogacy matching services back by a proven success record
When a woman is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term, a fully-vetted gestational surrogate mother can help. A gestational surrogate has no biological link to the baby she gives be to. The best part? Gestational surrogacy helps couples realize their dream of having a biologically connected baby of their own. Intended parents worldwide seek out New Beginnings Surrogacy’s services knowing we are a specialty agency having unparalleled surrogate mother matching capabilities.
- Top compensation for surrogate mothers
- Strict screening for surrogate mothers
- Affordability for intended parents
Find Out if Gestational Surrogacy is Legal in Your State
The experts at New Beginnings Surrogacy will help you to confirm all current laws and potential legal issues that could arise during your journey to have a baby in your state.
Our Team of Surrogacy Experts want to help guide you through the entire gestational surrogacy process and ensure that your legal rights are protected. We can help you find the perfect surrogate match. Schedule your consultation by calling 844.873.5836.
Posted on: October 26, 2018