If you have decided that you want to be a surrogate mother, you need to know the pros and cons about the entire process. As a surrogate mother, you can help a woman who is unable to conceive and carry a pregnancy to full term. Only a fully-vetted surrogate mother can give others the gift of a baby.
Surrogate Mother Pros and ConsA gestational surrogate mother has no biological link to the baby she gives birth. What are the other pros and cons of surrogacy?
Surrogacy ProsSurrogate mothers are supported by a strong surro-sisterhood. Being a surrogate mother is a singular experience and others may not relate to the process. Many surrogate mothers have banded together to create solid support communities. Even after the baby has been delivered to the intended parents, many surrogate mothers continue to meet and offer support to others going through the process. Surrogate mothers get to re-experience the feeling of pregnancy. All surrogate mothers are already mothers and enjoy strong bonds with their children. Surrogate mothers love the experience of pregnancy. Surrogate mothers can relive the experience of pregnancy without expanding on their own family. Surrogate mothers receive fair compensation. We are proud to offer among the highest compensation packages for surrogates in the United States. Our fully-vetted surrogates can expect to receive between $35,000 and $40,000 in compensation for helping a couple achieve their dream of having a baby that is biologically related to one or both of them.
Surrogacy ConsSurrogacy is physically demanding. Similar to a traditional pregnancy, surrogacy takes a toll on the body. Surrogate mothers must undergo medical and psychological screenings, attend interviews and appointments, and carry a baby for 9 months. Surrogacy is emotionally taxing. Being a surrogate mother can be emotionally difficult. At times, there are feelings of intense joy and excitement. Other times, she needs the support of family and friends. She is never alone as there are many surro-sisterhood support groups to lean upon. Surrogacy involves a significant time commitment. The surrogacy process – from application to delivering the baby – is a span of months. Surrogate mothers must confirm that they won’t be performing any intense activities or making major travel plans during the entire process.
Surrogate Mother CompensationIf you meet our basic mental and physical health requirements, you can experience the joy of surrogacy and give a childless couple the gift of life. Take our user-friendly Pre-Screening Test to begin your application process today!
- If you are new to surrogacy, you must have a history of healthy childbirth and be between the ages of 21 and 39
- As a successful first-time surrogate, you can expect to receive a base compensation ranging between $35,000 and $40,000
- If this is your second or third time as an experienced surrogate, you will receive $5,000 in addition to a base compensation ranging between $35,000 and $40,000
- Should you agree with your Intended Parents to transfer more than one embryo during the IVF procedure, and you are impregnated with twins, you will receive $5,000 in addition to your base compensation
Surrogate Referral ProgramNew Beginnings is excited to offer our Surrogate Referral Program to our former and current surrogate mothers. You will be eligible to receive $500.00 for each accepted referrals. After the referred surrogate has signed the agreement contract with Intended Parents, you will be eligible to receive $250.00 and the remaining $250.00 after a completed embryo transfer.
Surrogate Mother Acceptance ProcessIf you want to explore the possibility of becoming a surrogate mother to help a couple have a baby, the experts at New Beginnings Surrogacy are wanting to talk to you. Not every woman is accepted into our program. To see if you qualify, take our fast and user-friendly pre-screening test. To begin:
- You must reside in a surrogate-friendly state
- You must meet some basic requirements
Basic Surrogate Mother Requirements
- You must be committed to our surrogacy program and the intended parents
- You must be in good health with a BMI no higher than 31
- If your BMI is slightly higher than 31, you should still make contact with us
- You must have delivered one healthy baby
- You prior pregnancy must have been uncomplicated
- You cannot use tobacco, drink alcohol, or illegal drugs
- You must clear a criminal background check
- You must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- You must between 21 and 29
Leading Surrogate Mother AgencyNew Beginnings Surrogacy is a leading surrogacy agency offering:
- In-depth psychological evaluation
- Physical and medical testing
- Inviting, reliable, and enjoyable experience
- Service above and beyond to take care of clients every step of the process
- Highest gestational surrogate compensation packages
- Personal care through dedicated coordinators throughout the gestational surrogacy process
- Legal and medical counseling
- Fast matching services with a proven track record
- Higher chance of pregnancy success
- Less physical risk to the intended mother